Aircraft 406 ELT
McMurdo Kannad 406 Survival ELT
Designed to be installed in the aircraft cabin, the McMurdo Kannad 406 Survival ELT is supplied with a mounting bracket or a carry-off bag. The Kannad 406 Survival ELT is available with or without a water switch and the three frequency transmitter – 406, 243 & 121.5MHz – is connected to the supplied antenna via a TNC connector.The Kannad 406 Survival ELT is fitted with a floating collar, enabling it float upright, and a water switch sensor, allowing automatic activation when in contact with water.
The McMurdo Kannad 406 Survival ELT provides a direct connection to global Search And Rescue (SAR) services when an emergency situation occurs. The Kannad 406 Survival ELT is programmed with either the aircraft tail number, a serial number or the aircraft operator designator. This operation takes only a few seconds with our programming equipment and we have an optional dongle that can be supplied with the ELTS.
The McMurdo Kannad 406 Survival ELT can be installed inside an aircraft on a mounting bracket or in a carry-off bag. The mounting bracket option includes a locking pin to avoid accidental activation before ELT removal. The locking pin can be ordered separately with the carry off version.
The McMurdo Kannad 406 Survival ELT has been selected by British Airways for the whole fleet and by the Australian Airforce.
The McMurdo Kannad 406 AS-TNC is a variant on which the water switch sensor is optional. The water switch connects via the DIN-12 socket and is supplied in a kit which includes ballast weights to keep the ELT vertical when floating.
- Water Switch Sensor allowing automatic activation, via contact with water (optional on AS-TNC variant)
- Audible and visual activation indicators (buzzer and LED)
- Integrated self-test facility with visual indicator for resultsThree frequency transmitter (121.5 / 243 / 406MHz)
- Easy programming
- 6 year battery life-time
- Overall dimensions (antenna deployed): 590 mm x 160 mm x 160 mm
- Overall dimensions (packed): 290 mm x 165 mm x 165 mm
- Overall dimensions (on mounting bracket): 300 mm x 162 mm x 160 mm
- Weight (including battery, auxiliary antenna and flotation collar): typical 1180g / max 1250g
- Installation in the cabin or stowed inside the life raft